What a great talk. Here are some personal takeaways for me:
What makes Sequoia great?
- Team oriented spirit to help founders build great companies
- Only one investment away from being a second tier firm, hence don’t be complacent. “If you are desperate, it’s a great asset.”
- Look out for founders with “crystal clear thinking”.
Doug Leone’s Advice for graduates:
- If you’re going to have kids, invest in your kids.
- Go for it, have successes, but bring others along with you.
- Bring it everyday, fearlessly